FAQ's - Pakistan Students Association | University of Duisburg-Essen پاکستان اِسٹوڈنٹس ایسوسی ایشن | یونیورسٹی ڈوئسبرگ ۔ ایسن

Go to content


New Comers > After Arrival

After Arrival Frequently Asked Questions

How I finance my studies.?
When you apply for your visa you must also declare that you are able to finance your studies yourself. This declaration refers to the whole period of your studies. When you apply for your visa, you usually have to prove financial means to finance your stay in Germany for one year. Please enquire about the details at the German Embassy. The evidence of financial means is also prerequisite to register with the Foreigners Registration Office (Ausländerbehörde) after arrival as well as for the (usually) yearly renewal of the registration.
Can I pay online fees or see my semester ticket/NRW ticket?
Yes, you can pay online fees If you have any german bank account please visit Online Services (https://qs.uni-due.de/) also for print out your own semester ticket/NRW ticket.
From where I can see/download information on regulation and application forms for fees exemption etc?
For more information on regulations and application forms for the exemption of tuition fee please visit Different Forms
Can I use university self online services when I am near to university?
Self-service terminals are available in following locations:

Campus Duisburg:
Building LG, ground floor (Monday - Friday, 7 am - 6 pm)
Building LB, ground floor (Monday - Friday, 7 am - 6 pm)
Library LK, lobby (Monday - Friday, 7 am - 10 ! pm)
Sparkasse at Lutherplatz in Duisburg-Neudorf, foyer (24 hours)

Campus Essen
Building T03, International Office, Foyer (Monday - Friday, 7 am - 5 pm)
University restaurant, entrance hall (Monday - Friday, 8 am - 1 pm)
ABZ, entrance hall (Monday - Friday, 7 am - 9 pm)
Main building Essen (daily, 6 am - 12 pm (midnight))
What I have to do about medical insurance if I am below 30 years old?
When enrolling, students are required to present proof of coverage by a German health insurance carrier. Insurance coverage from outside Germany may fulfill requirements; a decision about this is under responsibility of a German public insurance company.

At present the monthly insurance contribution amounts ~ 53,40 EUR. An additional 9, 98 EUR (11, 26 EUR for students older than 23 years without own children) is due for the statutory nursing care insurance.

You may contact a statutory health insurance company of your own choice. Applicants not being covered by a German insurance policy must present proof of coverage by their foreign insurance carrier at a local statutory health insurance company, which will verify the validity of the foreign policy. If your foreign insurance plan does not meet German requirements, enrollment in a German health insurance plan will become necessary. Please contact any statutory health insurance company for information on student health insurance.
From where I can copies my study notes or books?
You can make copies of your study notes and books from the main library building and in the two branches in MC and BA. Copy cards (2 or 5 €) can be purchased from an automatic vendor on the ground and second floor in building LK. There are also private-owned copy shops close to the university, e. g. in Finkenstraße, the Campus Shop in building LB and Bismarckstraße corner Oststraße near B-area.
Can I obtain international students identity card (ISIC) from university?
The International Student Identity Card (ISIC) is the only internationally accepted student ID card. With access to a global network of affordable and specialized student services, the ISIC is your permit to many discounts and benefits in 106 countries worldwide. Since its launch in 1968, the ISIC has helped over 40 million students to get the most out of their travel experience.

The International Student Identity Card is offered by the Studentenwerk Essen-Duisburg.

Studentenwerk in Essen
Infopoint, Cornelia Mendack
Reckhammerweg 1
45141 Essen
Tel.: +49 201/ 8 2010 79
Fax: +49 201/ 8 2010 19

Studentenwerk in Duisburg
Infocentre, Hamide Aydin
Lotharstr. 23-25 (building MM)
47057 Duisburg
Tel.: +49 203/ 379 4560
Fax: +49 203/ 379 4565

Documents to bring: Enrolment certificate(Studienbescheinigung) of the actual semester, passport, photo, ~12.00€
What I have to do about medical insurance if I am above 30+ years old?
Students 30 and older cannot be insured within a statutory health insurance scheme. They should get private insurance, which however might be considerably more expensive. please also visit our Health Insurance section for more detail.
Who can apply for an EU Blue Card?
For an EU Blue Card Germany can apply a foreigner, who is a national of a non-EU country, if he has a) either a German or a recognized foreign or a German university degree equivalent foreign degree and b) a contract of employment with a gross annual salary of at least € 44,800 (3733 € per month) or in so-called shortage occupations (scientists, mathematicians, engineers, doctors and IT professionals)with an annual salary of at least € 34,944 (2912 € per month).

For more questions regaring blue card in Germany please visit http://www.bluecard-eu.de/eu-blue-card-germany/
PSA-UDE Tracker
Back to content